Some popular graphical web browsers are as follows:
- Netscape: It was introduced in 1994. Netscape comprises the major portion of the browser’s market
- Internet Explorer (IE): It is a product of Microsoft. This is the most commonly used browser in the world. This was introduced in 1995 along with Windows 95 launch and it has passed Netscape popularity in 1998.
- Firefox: It is a new browser derived from Mozilla. It was initially released in 2002 and has grown to be the second most popular browser on the Internet.
- Safari: It is a web browser developed by Apple Incorporation and included in Mac OS X. It was first released as a public beta in January 2003. Safari provides good support for the latest technologies like XHTML, CSS2, etc.
- Google Chrome: This web browser was developed by Google. Its beta and commercial version were released in September 2008 for Microsoft Windows.
- Opera: It was initially released in 1995. It is smaller and faster than most other browsers, yet it is fully featured. It is the most popular mobile web browser.